This limited edition shirt directly benefits the mission of the nonprofit Colorado Brewers Guild to promote, protect, and propel breweries in the State of Craft Beer
Independent craft brewers across Colorado are facing unprecedented financial difficulties as sales have dropped precipitously in just a few weeks due to the rapid spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Colorado Brewers Guild, the nonprofit trade association that represents breweries in “The State of Craft Beer”, is not immune to these hardships.
In the interest of the health of brewers and consumers, the CBG suspended one of its most beloved fundraisers, Collaboration Fest, before social distancing measures and stay-at-home orders were enacted.
This was quickly followed by the postponement of Colorado Craft Beer Week and one of the CBG’s largest fundraisers, Colorado Pint Day.
We hope to be able to reschedule each of those soon, but other crucial CBG fundraisers scheduled for this summer could be significantly impacted by COVID-19, too.
We are asking for your support so we can continue fighting for brewers’ rights and supporting their businesses during these difficult times.
We’ve partnered with Beer Murch (the same company you might know as Shirts on Tap) to create this limited edition shirt featuring a growler with “Colorado Strong: Drink Local Craft Beer” on the front and the “Colorado: The State of Craft Beer” insignia on the back.
Our mission is to promote, protect, and propel independent craft breweries in Colorado, the State of Craft Beer, through advocacy, community, education, and public awareness.
The majority of the state’s 400+ licensed breweries are members of the CBG, and we need your help right now to help ensure their survival.
Our mission is also supported by two full-time CBG staffers, a volunteer-based Board of Directors and committees, Allied Trade Partners, and a small legislative and legal team.
With tireless dedication from all, we’ve been able to help breweries stay open in these increasingly lean times by:
- working with Governor Polis and Mayor Hancock to ensure that breweries are regarded as “essential services” during social distancing and shelter-at-home orders in Denver and across Colorado
- making it possible for breweries to temporarily deliver during the pandemic
- kick starting public directories of breweries’ to-go and delivery options at coloradobeer.org and porchdrinking.com
- providing daily updates to breweries and a web page of resources on legal issues, promotions, and best practices for business operations in this rapidly evolving landscape
- staying in touch with reporters and media outlets to ensure that consumers know that breweries are still open and offering to-go and delivery orders of beer
- serving as a go-to resource every day for the many questions that breweries have about ensuring their survival
- connecting brewery members with industry partners who are offering free or heavily discounted services and information to help them stay in business
- connecting brewery employees who have been laid off with liquor stores that are quickly expanding their delivery services
Purchase here to directly show your support for the Colorado Brewers Guild and the independent craft breweries we serve.
Please note: Production and shipping times may be delayed due to factors beyond our control.