The Nominating Committee of the Colorado Brewers Guild is now accepting nominations to fill three (3) positions on the Colorado Brewers Guild Board of Directors for a three-year term (beginning January 1, 2022 and ending December 31, 2024).
Per the Colorado Brewers Guild’s bylaws, “The nominating committee will use discretion in its setting of the slate of candidates to seek a cross section of Board members representing production capacity and geographic locations of the Brewery Members and will include at least one candidate from amongst the Brewery Members that pay the minimum fee for dues fixed by the Board of Directors.”
The nominating committee will also consider other factors, including committee participation and general participation in CBG events and activities.
We encourage all interested members to submit a nomination, though only one representative from a CBG member brewery may serve on the Board of Directors at a time. You must be a voting member to qualify (breweries in planning and allied trade partners do not qualify).
In addition, Board members are expected to fulfill the following minimum requirements:
(1) Attend four in-person board and membership meetings throughout the year, hosted in different locations throughout the state of Colorado (this requirement will be pandemic-dependent);
(2) Attend monthly Board of Directors calls when an in-person Board meeting is not scheduled for that month;
(3) Actively participate in at least one CBG committee, such as our committees on Government Affairs, Finance, Technical & Education, Membership, Brewpub Advisory, Marketing & Events, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion;
(4) Be available for “ad hoc” meetings and other opportunities to support the Guild (including support for CBG events);
(5) Participate in the CBG fundraising opportunities, including CBG merchandise program, events, and outreach to potential and current Allied Trade Partners; and
(6) Serve as an official representative of the Colorado Brewers Guild, including issues relating to legislative affairs and/or promoting the Colorado craft beer industry.
Nominations will be accepted from Thursday, September 2 to close of business on Wednesday, September 22. Voting will occur in early October.
Please note that the information submitted in the nomination form will be sent out to the membership. This means that you should clearly describe your qualifications and why you would be an asset to the Board and the Membership. We will not be editing your submissions, so please check for typos.
You can nominate others for a Board seat with their consent. If you nominate another individual, please fill out as much information as possible in the nomination form. We will confirm the information is correct before sharing with the membership in the ballot.
Current Board of Directors and terms:
Terms Expiring at End of 2021:
(1) Carol Cochran, Horse & Dragon Brewing (Secretary)
(2) Justin Baccary, Station 26 Brewing (Chair of Board of Directors)
(3) Dave Cole, Epic Brewing (Co-Chair of Government Affairs Committee)
Terms Expiring at End of 2022:
(1) Eric Smith, Odell Brewing
(2) Abby George, Barrels & Bottles Brewery (Treasurer and Chair of Brewpub Advisory Committee)
(3) Jason Ford, Broken Compass Brewing (Vice Chair of Board of Directors)
Terms Expiring at End of 2023:
(1) Dave Bergen, Joyride Brewing (Co-Chair Government Affairs Committee and Chair of Marketing & Events Committee)
(2) Tommy Bibliowicz, 4 Noses Brewing
(3) Bill Eye, Bierstadt Lagerhaus
To be considered for nomination, please fill out the nomination form.